|Mangalore : Mangalore Buns South Indian Recipe |
Mangalore Buns South Indian Recipe
Mangalore July 15:
1 cup - maida/all purpose flour
1 - ripe banana, medium sized
1 to 2 tbsp - curd/yogurt
4 to 5 tsp - sugar
1 tsp - jeera seeds
1/2 to 3/4 tsp - baking soda
1/2 tsp - salt
oil for deep frying
1. Mash the banana completely with your hands;
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, except oil, and make a dough;
3. The dough should be of the chapati dough consistency.
* Be very careful while adding yogurt;
* Yogurt gives out some water and tends to make the dough watery.
* So, start with very little quantity and then add more, as required.
5. Cover and set aside for 4-5 hours.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan on low-medium heat;
7. A tiny ball of dough dropped into the oil should rise immediately - Thats when the oil is ready.
8. Pull out ping pong sized balls of dough and pat them in between your palms to make pooris out of the dough;
9. You could also use rolling pin to make the pooris.
If you are using your hands for making pooris, greasing them with a few drops of cooking oil would help.
11. Drop the pooris in oil and deep fry on both sides until they turn brown;
While deep frying, press and keep them inside the oil for a few seconds, just like how you would do for ordinary pooris - This helps them fluff up!
13. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels;
14. Serve hot with coconut chutney/Sambhar and enjoy.
|Source :Sally Pinto
||Email or Print This article